Thursday, January 8, 2015

Well, we are off to a fun start this year. I asked a really sweet girl from the stake to come over and help me put away laundry and a few other odds and ends around the house. When she came in I was explaining to her that the twins are at a crazy age, so we put chains on the outside doors to keep them from escaping. We proceeded to go upstairs to Emmet's room to clean out his closet and put away his clothes. As I was showing her where everything went she looked out the window and pointed to the driveway and said, there he is. Sure enough, the little fool (I say that in the most endearing way) was running down the driveway. I ran as fast as I could and opened the door and hollered at him to get back into the house. At this point I didn't care that I was the stake yw president and what it must of looked like yelling at him like that. I just wanted him to be safe and back inside!! He is so silly all the time. I guess in the excitement of someone new coming over I forgot to put the chain on. He had to still get through a baby gate and unlock the door undetected but he was sneaky! So so blessed that he and Lauren have been safe. When I go to the bathroom I have to leave the door open, and I have little visitors, or I have to assign each girl to a twin to make sure they are safe. That same day I walked downstairs and Lauren was trying to cut her hair with my kitchen sheers. I caught her just in the nick of time. I went upstairs for less than two minutes. Rest assured anything sharp is now tucked up high in the back of a cabinet. All of our kitchen cabinets had child safety locks but Emmet is so strong he managed to figure out how to break them off. One last thing that is notable about yesterday is that I was paying bills while the twins were napping and I heard Emmet wake up. I needed a little more time so I left him in his room. I heard him moving around a bit but didn't think anything of it. When I went up ten minutes later he had climbed to the top shelf and got into some craft paint (his room used to be the guest/craft room) and painted himself the closet door and proceeded to dump the remaining paint on the floor :( four hours later and super sore hand today it is almost all gone. It looked really good when the sun wasn't out but in daylight today I realized I have some scrubbing still to do. When I found him he was just beaming and so proud of his artwork. He got into some trouble but I was just kicking myself for leaving it up there. I never thought the monkey could get that high! I know they sound naughty when I write these things but they are really not most of the time. They did't even mess with the Christmas tree this year! They listen really well lately and are so loving. They are just at that age where they are starting to get it but they don't really understand consequences. I know that I am biased but they are just the cutest little twins that have ever lived. I am constantly telling Emmet he's lucky he's so stinkin cute! Just look at those faces!!
Tonight I was reading to the girls about Abinadi. He was an awesome missionary. He gave his life to try and save a wicked people. I love reading the scriptures with the girls at night. I have been able to testify about so many important spiritual truths lately. Tonight I was talking about how Abinadi risked his life to save them and only one person listened, and he became a great prophet. Scripture reading has been an opportunity to share with then how much Heavenly Father loves his children. He sent someone so righteous to give the people one last chance, he was the last hope for a wicked generation and he would not let him suffer death until he delivered his message. Oh, how I hope they are listening!! They love each other so much and it has been a lot of fun raising them. Here are a few random pics from their performance at a family party over the Christmas break (eva taught herself how to play, do you wanna build a snowman on the harp!)
Cora has been very vexed lately about whom she should marry. She is in love with two boys, Gavin from church and Jackson from school. This morning as we were going to school she was reasoning out which one would be better to marry. We listed the pros of each kid and she decided that Gavin would be the better choice :) I was happy about that. They are already coming into my bathroom in the am asking to wear makeup!! They are so beautiful. I think they see that and know that. I love to ask what makes them pretty and the answer is their heart :) I am one lucky momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment