
The girls and I went out Christmas Eve and delivered cookies to the neighbors. I had a hard time getting out the door and wasn't sure what the reception would be from the neighbors but I really wanted to show the girls what the Christmas spirit felt like. We had delivered some gifts earlier in the week, that they had picked out for some little girls we know, but they didn't seem to get what the season was all about yet. We went to the first house and the girls sang for elderly neighbor. They sang the chorus of We Wish You a Merry Christmas, Jingle Bells, and Santa Claus is Coming to Town. When they got to Jingle Bells they would bring out the bell they were hiding behind their back and start to ring them. Eva had her bell covered with her hand so it wasn't ringing very well. They lady went and got a bell she had on her door for years and told Eva she could have it, it rang better. I was very touched by her sweet gesture and I think the girls were too. They loved caroling and got louder and more confident at each house. This will definitely be a holiday tradition.
No comments:
Post a Comment