Tuesday, March 18, 2014
I think Eva needs glasses
Well, it is early in the am and cannot help but think how I need to post what happened today! I got a call from Eva's teacher. She was very concerned that Eva could not see some of the math problems today, especially the ones that she got wrong. That was the first red flag! Then she said she couldn't understand how Eva could read everything but couldn't see her math work! Second red flag :) I finished up what I was doing and had a heart to heart with Eva. I knew two things going into that conversation, that she has always wanted glasses and that math is hard for her. I asked her to tell mommy the truth and eventually I got it out of her! She just wanted glasses! We were able to turn the conversation into how important it was to tell the truth. I asked her what the most important thing was she could tell her friends, she said that Heavenly Father loves them. I then asked her how could they believe that if she didn't tell the truth about other things. She really understood it! I felt like maybe I am doing this right if my kids know how much their Heavenly Father LOVES them! I will have to work on all the other stuff daily.
This weekend we had a priest/laurel conference at my house. There were 37 youth and about 10 more leaders. It was a very successful event. I give all credit to the Spirit that guided us along the way. My favorite moment was on Saturday when the youth were planting trees at a service project. As I watched them work with smiles and no complaints I was so proud to be a Mormon. I wanted to share the gospel with everyone there. I love my calling and feel so much gratitude for the lessons I am learning.
Now, off to finish the taxes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment